This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What am I meant to do when the abnormal heart rate alarm goes off?

What am I meant to do when the abnormal heart rate alarm goes off?

... after worrying about setting off the abnormal heart rate alarm!
  • Verify your heart rate with an alternative method, like for example by touching your pulse with your fingers. If it's ok, then ignore the alarm. If it is suspiciously high, then call an ambulance.
  • I was very sceptical about this - as the Garmin is not a medical device - and optical heart rate monitoring is not the most reliable measurement method. However, mine fired while I was just waking up one morning - the next day I have a swollen leg and a suspected thrombosis. Could be coincidence - but as was said - if you turn it on, then be prepared to take it seriously - and start by checking with another method

• Thanks for this information.  I got an abnormal heart rate while exercising.   I did not eat before I exercise and I usually do I was wondering if not eating was the problem.  I ran a mile, walked a mile, and it happened to when I was in the middle of doing my calisthenics.   I stopped to eat.  I will get myself checked if it happens again. 

• This is consistent with you having had an arrythmia.

Your heart went very high, and as a result didn't pump blood properly, a clot formed in your atria and then was sent to your legs. Did you see a doctor?