This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Accuracy of Deep sleep & oxygen levels

Do these records seem about as expected? I know this isn't a medical device, but I hope the records are close. I'm getting some strange readings. Most nights show no deep sleep, or 30 minutes deep sleep. This would not be surprising with a disease I have, but I'd like to know if the readings are somewhat accurate for other people.

My sleep pulse ox also shows low. If the reading is fairly accurate, that's also a concern.
  • Wrist-based sleep detection is not a thing to rely on. It should not be used for anything else than recreation, and it most certainly is not suited for monitoring sleep disorders.
  • I realize this is not a medical device. If other people's readings are more in line with expected norms, it suggests that I should investigate these issues with a doctor.
  • If you have any doubts, seek advice from a doctor. As noted, these are not medical quality devices. Furthermore, people's experiences differ so widely that it's hard to know for certain whether problems exist or otherwise.
  • I’m usually in the 30-90 minute range for deep sleep.
  • My deep sleep is 30-90 min a night also. 31 year old. active.
  • Mine usually displays 30-45 minutes of deep sleep. I don't really sleep all that well, I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. They say adults need 1.5-2 hours, so either none of us are getting to this useful, necessary level or the device is quackers.
  • I'm registering an average of 20 to 30 minutes per night, usually early, but some nights are zero. One night was 104 minutes, but in 3 segments early, mid, late, with each happening shortly after being awake. As I don't have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep (except when time to pee) I'm guessing that the problem is with Vivosmart.
  • I show roughly 60-90 minutes of deep sleep every night and usually the biggest segment is right after I fall asleep.
  • My sleep patterns are very much like yours, according to the Vivosmart 4. But, my personal experience is that I'm well rested most nights, so deep sleep must be longer than 1/2 hour. I suspect the device has trouble measuring deep sleep accurately.

• I have done the following test:

On the arm the band recording PulseOX = 89%

On the finger (same time the band records) best Beurer PulseOximeter = 97%

Repeated the test:

On the arm the band recording PulseOX = 91%

On the finger (same time the band records) best Beurer PulseOximeter = 98%

So Pulse OX measurements seems a bad joke.

Deep sleep was always 2-10 minutes until software version 4.40.

After is 1-1.5 hours/night.

So very expensive pedometer it is.