This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lost Steps on VivoSmart 4

Hello.
Bought my shiny new Vivosmart 4 yesterday. Strapped it on and immediately went for a short hike with the family. Registered 6,000 steps. Cool.
By the time we drove home, somehow I had 2,000 steps.
The recorded activity remains in my log, but all of the steps that were part of it are gone and not a part of my daily total.

Is this normal? I'm interested in how to have activity steps count towards my daily. And, if that's not possible, how to turn OFF automatic activity recording, which is how the VS4 starting tracking my hike, as I had not explored any features yet.

• As far as I know, you can't turn off the automatic activity for walking alone, but you can set the time threshold for the auto activity start. However, if you turn off the Auto Activity Start option, you'll disable all of the automatic activities, such as walking, running. You can refer to the following manual for more details.
    https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...80D3BD8A8.html
  • I have the same problem recently.  The steps went  to zero.  I had the unit returned to Garmin for checking and got a brand new replacement.  Again, I had the same problem.  Have the problem identified and resolved?  I didn't see any answers given here - if it's something to do the apps, setting or the device itself.

I am in a Challenge program and sad to lose those steps as it pushed me out of my standings