This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Daylight saving time not applied onto watch

In Europe we applied summer time this Sunday. I noticed that while my phone switched to new time, my Vivomove style showed the old one until the next (manual) sync.

1. This resulted my alarms being out of sync.

2. This could have been critical if I'm based on the wakeup call from my watch for reaching any services on time.

As a comment: yes, my connect app was running in the background (I explicitly allowed it in my android device).

• vívomove Style/Luxe - My device does not display the correct time

If that doesn't work, suggest syncing using Garmin Express or contact Garmin Support

The device updates the time and date when you sync your device to a computer or mobile device. You should sync your device to receive the correct time when you change time zones, and to update for daylight saving time.

• Thanks for the quick answer.

To be honest, there is no way around this:

a watch has one main job: always showing correct time.

If it doesn't detect DST change (which is pretty predictable, isn't it?) or timezone changes, I cannot rely on it. Manual sync is out of question when I'm sleeping, I think that doesn't need any further explanation (DST switch happens at 3am). The Garmin connect app is able to sync on its own, it should trigger a sync on DST/timezone changes right away.

I work in SW QA and own several (non-Garmin) watches, none of them had this problem. 

• Then definitely suggest contacting Garmin Support (call or chat for faster service) if you don't want to wait for a response here. I suspect we may start seeing many more of these issues being reported on this forum. Especially for watches, such as yours, that do not have internal GPS but have to rely on connected GPS.

• Yes, probably the sw stack is less prepared to initialize sync from phone side when needed.

• Hello! With Daylight savings, the device needs to be force synced to adjust to the time on the watch. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

• We have already filed a report on this. As stated above, a watch has one job (and it failed it). It seems that it's only the daylight savings change that can trigger this behavior (experienced with changing time and timezones on the phone).

• Mine is almost the same issue - an hour ahead every time the watch is disconnected from the phone.  Watch thinks it is on daylight saving time (DST), but not all of Arizona observes DST.  When the phone is back in range, the watch goes back one hour to actual time. Frustrating - may have to return.  (Phone works perfect and does not observe DST.)  vivomove Style with 4.5 software.  Like you said - a watch must display the proper time.  I already got up thinking I was late and rushed to work and found I was an hour early!  Not as bad as being an hour late in the fall.