This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Notifications are annoying

I rely on my watch to get notifications, and they work well in most cases. But if someone on Messenger is trigger happy, I really hate the constant buzzing. I'd really love it if my watch could manage repeated notifications in a more intelligent way. I know I received a notification, don't need to nag me about it literally every second, if it comes from the same app. I'd appreciate if the watch would notifiy me a single time from the same source after I check my phone, or after I read notifications on the watch.

• Imagine having a noisy group chat in messenger that goes on for an hour. Imagine getting a REALLY important message in messenger from your spouse while this group chat happens. I would not like my watch to not notify me about that important message because I had other notifications from messenger already.

It sounds like you should mute those trigger happy chats inside messenger instead.

• I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my rant. Unfortunately, it's easy to say I'm "holding it wrong". Constant buzzing wouldn't make me notice important events in the noise. The problem is, I care about what the guys are saying, I just don't need to be reminded about them every second. Anyway, I do my best with the available tools except for making a notification filter app myself. I guess I should see if I could do that.