This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Faulty OLED display on vivomove style

Hello and happy Holidays to all.

Got my wife a vivomove style (light gold model) for XMas and I was disappointed to find some dark pixels on the bottom display. Sadly once you see them you can't unsee.

There seem to be two vertical lines with half dead pixels. At first they are hard to spot since the display mostly shows text but it's pretty clear on the picture below.

I'm taking it back to the shop tomorrow and hope to get a replacement soon (they seem to be sold out pretty much everywhere nearby)

Didn't find any reports on the internet, has anybody seen this before?

• That sucks. It's not common, but a couple people here have had display defects.

To be sure it's not a "that's where the light sensor is" thing or somesuch I checked mine. It does not have those dark spots.

• Yup definitely a faulty display, took it back and got a replacement unit which works perfectly fine.

Another thing is that the contrast of the white characters on the gold dial is a bit weak, i wonder if it's better on the models with a black dial.