This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Alternative app for offline use

Hello to all.

I'm very disappointed with Garmin Connect because if my cellphone is in offline mode or not connection with internet, I can not change alarm on app, see basic information or change configs in the watch...

I I don't found another app to use.

If anyone can help. 

Thanks

• Its absolutely a terrible design, I fully agree. Unfortunetely I dont think there is a solution.

• does Garmin have any plans for offline usage?
    This is really annoying when youre traveling and do not have a internet connection and would like to change settings on the watch.

• Hey! Thanks for tagging me! Let me look into this and see what I can find out and I will get you guys updated.

• Thanks a lot for the quick reply and taking care! :)

• Hello! Although, I do not have any update regarding future plans for offline usage, I wanted to let you know I am creating a user experience and sending this to our team as a suggestion. 

• I conclude that Garmin Company is overpast in basics app development. The hardware is ok, but creativity of Brand is so limited. for example: not work without internet for basic usage. It is the basic operation of anything smartband or smartwatch. It monitors the sleep, but not create inteligent alarm that person defines alarm limit and range to accept the smartwatch to wake up out of deep sleep. I use Sleep Cycle app to do this job... The clock has barometer hardware to monitore stairs, but not a menu to show the altitude. It is simple, but not implemented... the touch of Vivomove style is very hard to use. Alarm clock set is dependent of the phone, and completely dependent of internet to set. Why I need Internet to set alam???? The music menu is so hard to access.. If I need the steps to change music, is more simple I change in CellPhone! In configuration, no have a option that clock not notify when I'm using my phone. If I'm using the phone, I not need to be notified in the clock! Please, Garmin, create a OpenSource page for people develop and explore the app and hardware of clocks!

• One more problem!!! After Update to 3.90 the clock wake up stay very sensitive! When I'm riding my motorcycle, the watch stay turned on all the time. Now it wakes up only vibrating the watch. If my arm vibrate, the watch turn on! It is consuming amount of battery!