This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivomove style - Heart rate sensor stops periodically

Hi all,

Over the last few months the watch is not measuring the heart rate properly. HR measurements just stops and then after x time it starts again. It seems like it happens when I take of the watch, like when I take a bath. Then after the bath it seems like it does not notice/register I have put on the watch again. Or if I have put on the watch to loose/loosely on my wrist. When the HR stops working, the green LEDS are not blinking (which make sense). It also happens with the sleep monitor, as the HRM does not function properly it does not detect the sleep etc. When the HRM stops it can take hours before it starts again, but it is possible to just restart the watch and then it works again. 

Hope to hear from you. 

Versions:

SW 3.40 

TSC 2.70

SNS 4.02

NET 2.00

Best Regards,

Kasper

• Something similar happed to me a couple of times, but I then realized that somehow the watch had switched itself to HR measurement during activity only. I re-eneable it from the watch going to Settings -> Heart & Stress -> HR Mode and set it to "On" instead of "Activity Only".

In my case the trigger seems to be accessing the "Activity Options" or "Activity Tracking" menus of the Garmin Connect App. it is annoying, but switching it on again from the watch works every time. It must be a bug in the app.

If the same thing happens to you, perhaps in your case the "trigger" is removing the watch and not using it for a while. The HR detection turns off to save battery when you are not wearing the watch, it is possible that in that case it switches to "Activity Only" as well.

• Thanks Batman, :-D

I will try to see if that is the "problem" next time I experience this here "feature". 

BR. 

Kasper