This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Seeking advise : Cycling with GPS tracking possible with Vivomove Style?

I am about to buy the Vivomove Style, but before I do I want to have certainty if there is pre-programmed "cycling" program that  "tracks GPS data". 

In the manual that I download from the Garmin wesite  I can find only possibilities to walk or run with GPS trackiing. But I understand that is might have changed with firmware upgrades over the months.

Are there any users that can confirm me that "Cycling with GPS tracking" is programmed as a standard activity?

Thanks

• Yes it is but you need to have your phone with you (Vivomove doesn't have its own GPS)

• Thanks for your quick reply!

I realize indeed that it uses the GPS from your Phone (not build in the watch).

Are you a user of this Vivomove Style watch and have seen it in reality that the bike app with GPS tracking is effectively on the watch? (on the internet I find contradictionary results on this item)

• I have the watch on my wrist now :-)

Here is a screenshot of a cycling activity withe GPS, recorded with the Vivomove.

• super. thanks for your help !

In that case I will (hopefully) be having one on my wrist soon as well.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to thr4

Hi, what application you are using for tracking? The picture above looks good. On another note I try to use it with bycicle but the tracking is very inaccurate with phone GPS. I have phone on handlebar for Bluetooth but still get terrible results.