This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battey life span - Garmin Vivomove Style Hybrid Smartwatch

Hi all,

This (I don't think) is a run of the mill battery question. It's not focussed on "How long will a single charge last" and instead, relates more to the overall life span of the battery and ability to hold a charge. The reason for asking this is because I purchased a Fitbit Blaze for my wife a couple of years back which now barely holds a charge, which I think is a discgrace for a £200+ product. I'd me less annoyed if the battery could be easily replaced by the user but this is not the case and instead, would involve ordering a thrid party battery from China, taking the watch apart and soldering which, apart from voiding any remaining warranty, would run the risk of permanantly breaking it.

With the prelude over, my question is...How is the life span of the battery on the Garmin Vivomove Style Hybrid Smartwatch and is it soemthing the user can change themselves, if required?

i don't want to spend another £250 on something that will end up being nothing more than plastic bracelet within a year or two.

Thanks in advance.

• Nobody knows at this stage. But in general all my Garmin watches so far lasted 3-4 years at least (I have a 10 year old Garmin that still works). The Vivomove will need to be recharged more often than a Fenix or a Forerunner.