This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

how often do you have to reconnect the bluetooth?

I have a vivomove Style. And and Iphone SE with ios 13.3.

A couple of times a week my watch does not connect to the Garmin Connect app. Bluetooth is on, in the watch as well as in the phone.

I have to reboot the watch (by attaching it to the cable with an elctrical current on it), I have to turn off my phone  and restart it, and I have to re-enter the number that the watch produces for connecting the watch to the app.

This is all very cumbersome.

But if I do not do it, I cannot sync.

Is this normal? 

Might it be a software problem? Will this get better?

• I can only speak for an Android phone where it works quite well. Had this problem once in the last three months. It happened to me two or three times in the same time that I had to restart the watch because it wouldn't (re-)connect to the phone.

• I have similar issues with iOS but in my experience this issue impact other Garmin watches and I think it has to do with how Garmin still haven't quite figured out how to address the Bluetooth changes in iOS 13.

Instead of having to reboot the watch though I am just toggling Bluetooth on/off on both watch (long press > Phone > Bluetooth) and mobile and it usually comes back straight away. Have to do this once per day at least so it is an annoyance.

• turning bluetooth on and off, I will try that next time! I only verified that it was on...

• Vivomove HR has this issue with Redmi Note 3 phone. Has someone resolved this issue?

•  I found it to be helpfull and faster for reconnecting if I deleted the watsch from the list of machines that were connected by bluetooth on my phone. Press : 'forget this machine'.  
    If you do that you do not have to restart the phone, just the garmin connect app.

and then turn on bluetooth on both apparatuses.

and copy the number that the phone shows to the app.

• Hello

Did you succeed to solve this issue?

My watch loses connection few times a day. IOS still is connected to the watch (according to settings of IOS), but for one reason or another Garmin connect does not see the watch (no green or red dot)

Turn off bluetooth for a few seconds and turning on again resolves the issue, but It should work properly without such tricks. Especially enerving when it happens when tracking activity with GPS. 

Any suggestion is welcome

• I found out what caused it: every time I put my phone in airplane mode, I could not connect the garmin afterwards. I returned the garmin and bought an apple watch. No problem with connections anymore.