This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivomove Style Slow/Lag - Especially in Activities

Hi All,

I got a Vivomove Style about a month ago. I really like the look of the device - the hardware is great (as far as i can see - maybe the internals are a bit under-powered or something).

Buuuuut the software is appalling. It makes the watch rather frustrating to use on a daily basis and some functions, such as using the 'Strength Training' activity are extremely laggy and not well thought out.

Examples;

• Responsiveness of the touchscreen makes every touch a gamble - has it registered something or not??
  • The watch really struggles running the strength training software making the experience extremely laggy and frustrating. 3-5 seconds pass after some inputs.
  • Point 1 and 2 combined multiplies the issue - touch -> nothing happens -> wait a while (watch could just be laggy) -> nothing happens -> touch again -> repeat.
  • I assume that the screen should stay on all the time (I'd like it to, and 90% of the time it does), but then the screen will quite randomly decide to turn off. It's really difficult to get the screen back on with the double tap because of points 1 and 2. The device really is struggling to run the (presumably inefficient) code.
  • Bad UI choices
    • Why do i have to see the same messages ('Rest'/'Set X') for 5 seconds (usually more with lag) while starting/ending a set - these lock me out of making any user input - I'm just stood around staring at my watch. This is rule 1 of UI - the UI should not get in the way of the user.
    • When entering numbers (in this case reps, but it goes for the garmin pay passcode and other things too), why do we have to inefficiently scroll through individual digits on the lower 1/3rd of the watch? I see that other garmin watches arrange 10 separate digits around the watch in a circle which means that i would only have to tap once.
    • The screen is surprisingly high resolution - why not show some more information in one place. Scrolling to see interesting and relevant information is too much effort due to points 1 and 2. (This point also extends to the home screen - I think more use could be made of the screen to show date/day/time with seconds, weather etc. all at once)

This may acceptable for a lower cost fitness tracker, but this is a premium product and I would expect it to be a polished experience for the £300 I paid.

I've raised a ticket - hopefully they'll be able to help. I though I'd reach out here to see if anyone else is having the similar issues.

Is any one else experiencing the same issues or having similar thoughts? Has anyone found any ways to improve performance?

Thanks,

Richard

• Thank you (+1)! I don't know whether Garmin reads entries here since they didn't react on any of them. But it's worth a try. I didn't found a way to improve performance.

I also do regular strength training and experience exactly the same problems and/or imperfections. That's why I don't correct wrong counts anymore because it annoys me to fiddle with the watch. Display turns off when doing sets (seriously, why?) but stays on when pausing. And yes, it's hard to turn it on again because it lags big time (got even worse with newer firmware). Not what I expect from a product with this price.

• I just picked up a Vivomove HR new and same laggy experience. Super slow can barely swipe between screens on the watch face. Had a way better experience with a cheap fitbit :( might have to return this piece of junk :( shame because it looks so nice :(