This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart rate very inaccurate during work outs (FW 2.80)

Rode my bike yesterday. While the Edge 520 with chest strap measured the heart rate right, vivomove is stuck some 60-80 bpm lower. Didn't have this problem on several rides with the old firmware 2.40. Anyone else?

Edge 520 heart rate

vivomove heart rate

• I didn't notice anything funny about the HR. It seems accurate. See picture I included of a Cardio training. Using 2.8 also.

• Thanks for your answer. Then I'll check again when going out for a ride next time :-)

• Alright, I've been riding my bike and found out what changed. It seems that w/ 2.80 you have to explicitely start an activity to get correct results. Didn't do that in the past and it worked fine for both the Vivomove HR and Luxe (because when on the bike, I let the Edge do the tracking work but want to use the Vivomove intensity minutes value nevertheless). Anyway, I started an activity on the watch exactly where the heart rate increases:

Just compare with the Edge heart rate graph:

I never understood why the Edge 520 doesn't pay in to intensity minutes, but anyway, I used to live with it. But having to start an activity on both devices is quite cumbersome...