This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[HELP] New vivmove Luxe unable to pair with Garmin Connect app, and not showing up in phone's bluetooth list.

Just got my vivomove Luxe today.

However when I set it in Pairing mode, Garmin Connect app doesn't pick it up after a long time of "Searching".

Also, it's not showing up in my phone's bluetooth list. I tried both iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 13.2) and Android (Vivo).

When I connect the watch directly to my Mac, it shows up in Garmin Express desktop client, and I could upgrade the firmware from 2.40 to 2.60. After upgrading, still the same problem.

I've tried restarting the watch and the phone. No luck.

Also it's also not showing up in my computer's Bluetooth list (you would expect at least an unknown device showing up there when it's in pairing mode).

Does it mean the watch is defective?

Anyone experiencing the same? Any ideas what I can do? Thanks.

• PROBLEM SOLVED!

Garmin customer service is superb!

• Great! Do you want to share what solved your problem so that others can benefit from it?

• Well, it’s only applicable to watches bought from China mainland and being used outside of it. Guess most of the fellows here won’t be affected. (If you are, call Garmin hotline and they will sort out for you!)

Apparently my Garmin Connect account got its country setting messed up (it’s a non-China account but has some internal flag set as China, and the customer service helped me reset the account flag and then it worked...)

• Any idea is the reset for the garmin account or for the device? I am facing the same issue but the customer service guy suggested i change my phones' language and location setting to China. and It didn't help. I also tried to change my account location to China on may own but it didn't work neither. Appreciate your help

• suggest you to call the hotline and choose Chinese as the Language. And I believe the Taiwan customer support team will handle your call. And they are really helpful to me.