This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Condensation on Vivomove HR

So I purchased a Garmin Vivomove HR late last year and on a regular basis the glass screen gets covered with condensation lets say every couple of days. I wear the watch in an urban setting never in water and located in the UK so temperature shouldn't be a big issue. Heres my problem I consider it a fault yet I am able to return the watch to be replaced with another the same. This could take several days but I must first be without my own watch whilst waiting then for a new one. I have indicated that I was about to purchase the Solar powered Garmin at £300 and would be more than willing to either pay the full amount or better still the balance for the upgrade. Garmin don't refund money it seems and they don't upgrade meaning that the only option is to replace the defective watch and therefore also purchase another.. seems a huge waste of time and effort and sadly with regards Garmin a somewhat stupid decision that will ensure that I move on and way with any future purchase... anyone had similar problems ?

• Condensation on the inside of the glass means the watch has lost its seal. I had my Vivomove HR for two and half year (switched to a Vivomove Style when the digital display died...) and never had any problem with condensation. I also kept the watch on when I swam in salt water, sweet water or pool, which I do a lot during summer, and never had any problem. It even survived the humidity of a 2-week summer vacation in Florida and snorkeling repeatedly down to a depth of about 20-25ft Smile.

I cannot comment on Garmin's policy in UK, but it sound strange that they would not accept the watch as a defective return and give you at least a discount on a new, higher price watch (if you buy directly from them, not through a store).