This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Digital part of face is not lighting up

Hey everyone,

The digital part of my watch face is no longer lighting up for almost a month. The digital part still works because it vibrates when I tap or swipe, but it is not lighting up. I know I do not have it on low brightness because I have checked it in the dark multiple times. I have been having this problem since I got orange notification boxes on my app telling me Garmin was having problems and was trying to fix them. Today, the hands on the watch have gotten so off of the actual time that I can no longer use the watch without calibrating it. Does anyone know how to fix this? I bought it off of Amazon 2 years ago and have really loved it, but now I can't even use it as a regular watch anymore. I thought it would fix itself after Garmin resolved it's issues, but I no longer have orange notification boxes and my watch is still broken Disappointed

• I'm also in Australia and have an identical problem. My display began fading and within a few days had decreased to the point where it's unusable. I would be VERY careful about the advice from Garmin here re doing a reset on the watch. I did that and therefore needed to re-pair the watch with my phone. The Garmin Connect phone app requires a code from the watch that cannot be read, as my display only provides 3, possibly 4 digits if the room is completely dark. So the watch was instantly effectively bricked. I had intended to continue to use it for analogue and sleep/activity monitoring until I could work out what I'd replace it with. However now they've bricked it for me I can't, thanks for that awesome service advice Garmin!

I'm a loyal Garmin customer as I've used their GPSs since they were first released and now have a long series of their cycling computers. However I've always been fairly unimpressed by the Vivomove; a nice looking idea that was a bit of a flashback to the 1980s in functionality. Nevertheless I've always found the Garmin hardware absolutely first class. The software side of things has been absolutely comically hopeless over the years, but even that's started to improve recently. However it would take some convincing for me to see any value in another Garmin watch. I'll contact Garmin Australia but expect the usual Australian customer service experience. In fairness I did have a problem with one of my cycling computers many years ago and their service was excellent so I'll re-post if it's anything other than the expected lousy service.

• Hi Amber,

My watch is also having this issue with the screen fading around the edges. How do I go about having it replaced? Thanks!

Shannon

• As a follow up to my initial posting. Garmin Australia responded extremely quickly and were very helpful in resolving this issue.

As I mentioned, I've had many Garmin products over the years and generally the hardware has been very reliable and well made. I did have one previous failure and Garmin was equally helpful. I find the VivoMove HR very basic and very much 1st generation functionality, but now see there are later model alternatives available that I will certainly consider when able. Garmin Australia's service has restored my faith in their products and has maintained me as a future customer. It's very refreshing to find a manufacturer who has faith in standing by their product. Well done to the team involved.

• Same is happening to me. I bought it december 2018. Im located in israel - ill try to see what the local customer service has to offer...

• Mine lasted the same, about two and half year. Garmin offered another Vivomove HR at a reduced price or a discount on a different watch. Since I had been thinking to upgrade to a new model anyway, I purchased a Vivomove Style (Silver) instead, which I have owned now for one year and I am very happy with.

• same problem, fading from the right side... 

any solution?

• Out of interest what resolution did you get? I've been offered a service replacement device at ~$120 which I don't believe is a reasonable resolution... In Garmin's defence I don't have the original receipt as it was a gift, but thought there might be a better solution if this is a common issue.

• It probably depends on where you are in the world. If you're not happy with the result then I'd suggest discussing it with them. I'm a good Garmin customer and have quite a few of their products. I've always found their support very reasonable. Good luck with it

• I’m in Australia and didn’t have my receipt but I was able to tell them where I bought it and when. They asked me to send my watch to them and sent me a brand new replacement. So I would definitely be questioning them again!

• Hi, can I ask how Garmin Australia resolved the issue? Is the display able to be fixed? I’ve had the exact same problem and have only had one response from support asking for the serial number which I am unable to find without the display. Hoping I get the same outcome as you!