This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VIVOSMART HR+ GPS completely useless - EPO.bin disappearing

HI all, I'm very disappointed by the vivosmart hr+ device and garmin support, i write on this forum since it's about a similar device with gps. I saw that this problem is quite common and I actaully paid for the GPS to work. I saw differents advices but none is working, i tried:

-resetting the device;

-using express to update EPO.bit

-etc...

What i manage to find out is that express (in win8.1) as soon as i sync is writing the epo.bin in the vivosmart, at least i can find it in the remotesw folder soon after syncing. But as soon as I unplug the device it simply disappears, I mean that i if replug it to check if EPO.bin is still there I cannot find it anymore. I tried safely removing the device and nothing changes. Sometimes, maybe 1 every 10 trials the file stays there but gps will work once before epo.bin again disappearing...

I wonder how many clients have this issue that it seems Garmin is not really caring about... My GPS has worked maybe 1 or 2 years after being completely unusable.

• Same problem, no solution.
    Simply epo.bin disappears from the REMOTESW directory, and nobody knows the cause.
    When the file accidentally remains, once in ten, once in twenty, then the GPS returns to work.