This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Calories on vivomove HR not making sense

Hello I am struggling to understand how calories burned are calculated by my vivomove HR. on days where I feel like I've just been in the house doing very little walking I seem to burn not a dissimilar number of calories to where I have been out for a 6km walk.  

See these screen shots...the first is one where I was very lazy and did very few steps and yet I burned just over 2000 calories which seems like a lot. 

The second is where I was largely walking around the house and walked less than 5km and yet burned 2300 calories 

The third is where I actively went out walking and totalled over 7km but burned less than when I was in the house doing a shorter distance and fewer steps. 

How does this make sense? The more I do, the less I burn according to my watch!

Thanks

• For me the calorie count seems to be based on heart rate more that anything.  So it yours is having trouble picking up your heart rate, that could be the problem.

• It isnt telling me that there is a problem I.e. it is picking something up. I am pregnant so I dont know if that is throwing things out because my heart rate is generally higher at the moment than it would be when doing basic things.