This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Accuracy of Vivomove HR for steps

Hi

I got a new Garmin Vivomove HR yesterday.  Today is the full day of tracking and I have very easily reached 10,000 steps.  As I know I didn't do that many steps, I want to check whether there are any settings I need to adjust or is this simply the level of accuracy of the fitness tracker?  I notice that my step counter increased when I was driving as my hands moved on the steering wheel and also when my arms move without any steps.

I love the appearance of the watch but I will be very disappointed if the counter is not more accurate than this..  

Has anyone come across this or have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

Siobhan

• I own vivomove HR since Jan this year and am happy with its accuracy. Device definitely records my movements correctly - and does not record them when I am stationary (i.e. driving, commuting, working).

I checked it against mobile phone app (SONY Lifelog) and results tally one with another. I would suggest you do something similar.

Also, I don't believe there are any sensitivity settings within the device itself.

Is your firmware up to date, i.e. did you connect it to PC or app and allowed to update?