This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

touch screen and gestures not working

Hi,

the display of one year old vivomove HR watch is not working anymore.

Tap, swipe and double tap do not have any reaction.

Hard Reset is not possible.

Heart rate and sleep still gets recored and can be synced to Garmin connect.

Are there any tricks to get the touch screen and gestures working?

Any hints are welcome

Cheers

Andy

• Same just happened to mine. Alas the eating trick made no difference for mine.

2nd Garmin watch in 3 years stopped working. Do you think they build in obselescence to keep you buying?

• Hi Andy, did you have to pay for it?
    In Hong Kong, Garmin has only has an agent. I called and basically they say yeah this is how it is, if I want it fixed I need to pay up.  It's such horrible product and service I doubt I would ever buy another Garmin ever again !

• Mine just stopped working too. The touch screen stopped working. Can't do a reset. I tried the hole but nothing happens. Any other way to do a hard reset?

• After rebooting both devices several times I finally broke down and contacted Garmin support. Following several more failed attempts, the tech had me TURN OFF THE WIFI and the vivoctive HR  paired to my  new cell phone immediately. THANK YOU GARMIN!

• My wife's vivomove HR had this same problem last night. After searching these forums, I saw the pin solution, tried it and it failed. I figured that it might be the battery so I put it to charge and discovered that the battery was nearly dead. Soon after it began charging, the touch screen began to work. I searched the manual after for the word "battery" and it says under Device Modes: Watch Only: When the battery is low, the watch hands show the current time, and the touchscreen is off until you charge the device.  

• I’ve been struggling with the same issue for almost a year. The touchscreen works for a while, then stops coming up when I raise my hand. Touch still works, the watch hands move to 10:10, but the digital screen remains blank. Reset pin on the back, disabling/reenabling bluetooth on my iPhone and then syncing a couple times eventually bring it back, but it is annoying. I contacted Garmin Support and was told to connect it to a computer and hard reset it with their app, but that was also a short term solution and the screen stopped after a day. I’m 100% sure it’s a software issue. The battery is good and at least 50% charged when this happens. Never had this kind of problems with my old Vivoactive 1st gen, which is still running strong, just doesn’t have HR - and the elegant look of the Vivomove HR. I hope somebody at Garmin reads this and finally figures it out, because based on this and other forums this is not a rare accident.

• Does anyone find the root cause and resolution for Vivoactive HR touch screen issue?

I have issue with my Garmin vivo active HR watch, since last 2/3 days its touchscreen has stopped working.

- I tried soft resetting,

- updating it with Garmin express,

- cleared activity file from folder which were not in standard format.

- Re installed Garmin connect App,

- Also whenever power on it says that "update failed. Try again with Garmin connect" 

- tried remove and add Garmin device in Garmin connect app,

- tried resetting with hair pin as mentioned in this thread 

- able to hard reset but since touch screen in non responsive i am not able to move forward. Since i cant find forum for Vivoactive HR posting here.  

Please help,

Parag

• The hard reset worked for me. Hold the button down for 10 seconds until the watch turns off. Wait 5 seconds then turn the watch on. Touch Screen works now.

• Please do not put anything into the hole on the back of this watch!!

That is the barometer, not a reset button.

To reset the device, go into settings. This video shows how to do it https://youtu.be/Po0F-kuUlMY

• Parag,

Unfortunately none of the recommended fixes worked on mine. I ended up returning mine for repair/exchange since mine was out of warranty. Luckily they gave me a good deal on the return and only paid $39 plus shipping for mine. They gave me a refurbished that I happily accepted. The one I got is good as new and I have no issues with it. Call their customer service and tell them you tried everything and they might just give you the same deal I got if yours is out of warranty.