This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Missing activity - FIT file retrieved but not uploading ? corrupt

I would be very grateful if somebody could please have a look at this file for me, recorded on a vivomove HR. The activity (a 75 mile walk) is saved on the watch but will not upload automatically or manually to Connect.

When searching for it to manually upload, the Activity folder was empty, but I have (I think) retrieved it using Active Undelete. Unfortunately, Connect will not accept this file. I have tried to repair using Fit File Repair but I think the file is too large and comes up with an error (plus I do not have the full version).

It was an activity I am really keen not to lose and would greatly appreciate any help.

Many thanks in advance

Chloe

www.dropbox.com/.../_7EH2655original.FIT

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Chloe,

sorry, there is no data to recover data from

your file contains 9 partial fit files

4 very small corrupt profile fit files

1 partially unknown corrupt fit file 13KB (22 july 2019 08h10) gibberish

1 very small corrupt monitor fit file

3 very small corrupt settings files

chloejenkins-VVMHR-kaput-part18-0109-7EH2655original.zip

happy & safe sporting

• Thank you so much for trying.

Do you happen to have any other suggestions? It sounds as though I didn't find the correct file. 

For some reason I can see the file saved on my watch but when opened on my computer the activity folder is empty. I had hoped to recover it by using the tool to undelete but I'm not sure it's there. I don't understand how it can be on the watch but not recoverable?

Many thanks again

Chloe

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Chloe Jenkins

the file you see on your watch is only a summary of your activity and not the actual fit file

you can scan again with another file recovery program like "recuva"

success with the scan

happy & safe sporting

• Having tried that without success I think I have to accept that it is lost - how disappointing.

Thank you once again for your help

Chloe

• Chloe, did you ever get this sorted? My vivomove HR has done the same thing a few times now (e.g. I will complete an activity, click save, and it will never sync up to Garmin Connect, even though I can see the activity is saved on the history on the vivomove HR itself.) and the activity folder is always empty. Can't figure out if it's something I am doing wrong or a problem with the vivomove itself!

• Hi, we are having the same issue. Did you get a solution?