Digital display not working - Replaced

Just for info:

Everything was working fine, analog hands moving, garmin connect sync, HR, notifications vibration, but no digital display. How can you troubleshoot this with a "factory reset"? You cannot because the only way to do that is through the digital display menus, no option for that on garmin connect or express. I've sent it to garmin support and they sent me back a new watch.

Best regards!
Ricardo.
  • This has happened to me too. Before the screen completely went blank, I managed to factory reset but it didn’t work. Now I can’t see anything on my screen. Where did you get the details to send it in? Were Garmin accommodating? I send them an email 2 weeks ago but haven’t heard anything back. 

• Exactly this happened to me but I was able to factory reset before the screen completely faded and it did not help. Every time I try to contact Garmin, there is either no chat available or I’m on hold for an hour. I also sent an email but haven’t heard anything back and it’s been 2 weeks. 

• After seeing so many reviews with this same issue, also having email delays, it being out of warranty and potentially needing to buy a new watch again I have now moved to Polar. Sad, but I couldn’t validate having to pay for a repair year after year or potentially replacing this when the screen failed. They are too expensive to be an annual purchase. 

• just to let you know Garmin informed me it is a refurbished watch they send back...not a new one. this issue has been ongoing and they still have not resolved it.

• Same, here.

I have my Garmin for 1 year and a bit and it doesn't work anymore.. Sent an email a few weeks ago and I still haven't received any answer. I will try to go to the shop where I bought it, hoping that they will help me out

• Repetitive answer here but the exact thing is happening to me now. I bought a Vivomove 3s watch in Jan 2020 - and now, two weeks after first noticing fading on the right hand side of the display, I can barely see the screen. It degenerated very quickly  

The infuriating part is that this is obviously an ongoing issue with these very expensive watches (can’t believe the original comment is from 4 years ago!) and that they’re still peddling them on their site. Additionally, unless you look for this issue specifically, you won’t find any product reviews about it, as they’re testing a new watch where everything is working as it should.
    By the looks of this thread, it appears there is no solution except to get another watch. I’m pretty miffed about this, especially due to how expensive these watched are. 

• I have the same issue with mine. It is about 2.5 years old and the screen is now fading around the edges to the point where it is very hard to read.  Slightly disappointed with the short life, but replacing with a vivomove style.  Hoping that version lasts longer....

• Does this mean garmin only has a two year shelf life regardless? Expensive watch.

• I've had the same issue, with no digital display, but because my watch is three years old, Garmin have told me there's nothing they can do. so disappointing, shouldn't a watch last longer than 3 years.

• Hello. I have a problem with my Garmin vívomove hr watch. Can I discuss this issue with someone?