This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Disable automatic walking activity

Hi,

My girlfriend has got the Vivomove HR. In Garmin connect we have got Move IQ activated. Yesterday, while shopping (walking around...) the watch automatically started a walking activity (we did not mention that it was started because there was nothing popping-up in the display) and after some time, it automatically saved the activity and then that was shown in the display. This occured ~6 times within some hours.

When looking at Garmin connect at heart rate of yesterday, in the timeline I see some Move IQ events (walking sign with grey background) and some activities (walking sign with green background). The move IQ events are desired by her, but she don't want the watch to automatically start activities and post them to her profile.

How can we disable these automatically starting activities? Or do we have to disable Move IQ to disable both move iq+automatic activities? (For example at my Vivactove 3, I can enable/disable the automatic activities on the watch in the menue of the apps [e.g. walking, running etc.] and the move IQ events I can configure in the garmin connect app on the phone.)

Thank you!
  • I think you need to disable "Move IQ" only, because "automatically start events" is for "real" events that are availabe in Connect with the full event page instead of Move IQ events that are only shown in the timeline.
  • But we don't want the automatically started full events (green symbpl in timelime). We want only manually started full events and move iq events.

How can we disable full events being started automatically?
  • you can set up how long before start the activity, i think by default the activity start after 5 or 10 min of walking, you can try with 20 or 30min
  • Ok thank you, I have now disabled it in the garmin connect app on iphone. There are 2 lines, 1 is for automatic starting activity and 1 is for move iq.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Bernhard

In case this chat is still monitored, I have shut move IQ off completely but it still stays up, buzzing to notify me, whenever I walk a bit. Can't it be shut off?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Former Member

Update. I write to the help people that it was still on and they write back saying, "we've shot it off for you. Just sync and it will now be disabled."

So you can't do it yourself?