This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivomove HR constantly disconnecting, no notifications

I have quite annoying issue with my wife's vivomove HR, that is frequently loosing bluetooth connection (even when kept in range) and is not able to reconnect on it's own - the only thing that works is switching bluetooth on the phone off and on. Curious thing, on GCM watch has green dot but is not able to synchronise until bluetooth is swithced on and off.
My wife extensively uses call and message notifications and it's even more crucial feature for her than activity monitoring.
Now, some tech info: this has been tested on RedMi 5 Plus 4/64 (my wife's phone, Nougat) Mi MIX, good old LG G4. All firmwares up to date. All permissions checked. Power management excluded for Bluetooth and GCM. Bluetooth cache cleaned. Different binding method tested. No positive result.
On the other hand, my Forerunner 235 works with all mentioned phones flawlessly, never loosing connection when in range, and once I'm outof range and coming back, reconnects within 20-30 seconds.
I will be grateful for any helpful idea, because although this smartwatch is a piece of art for my wife, she is almost ready to throw it into river...
  • You live close to Wisla or your wife is a really good thrower?:)
    Anyway, don't have any good news for you cause my wife has her own Vivomove HR(the white/goldish-rose version) for couple of days now and it works flawlessly.
    Her phone is Moto Z Play with Android 7.1.1. All notification and syncing works without any issues.
    She loves the watch and is far from throwing into the river (Odra in our case;)

The only minor disadvantage is that the display is not visible in bright sun. It's not a big deal but still a minor flaw.

• Ha, you got me - less than 1 click to Wisla indeed ;)
    I'm planning to submit warranty repair claim - it really does not look like it should :/
    Thanks for answer, that only confirms in my mind above plan.

As for visibility in the sun, black one is much better, still in bright light you have to really make an effort to see. The good old Garmin type of display (is Transflective a good word) is unbeatable in this perspective (like on my Fr235).
  • Well, as they say: If you want to have problem resolved - resolve it yourself.
    What each and every troubleshooting / support / FAQ says if something is wrong? "Install the latest firmware / software".

Not in this case. Out of curiosity and frustration, I started to read comments about GCM. Many of them say "with each new version, things are going worse".
    So I found and installed historical version (4.1.5 dated November 2017). Everything is smooth for now, Vivomove HR reconnects in a matter of seconds each and every time, notifications work like a charm...
    Bonus story: few days ago I have bought Fenix 5 to replace my somewhat used Forerunner 235. Fenix had the same issue with not reconnecting after going out of BT range. Older app solved it as well...

Dear Developers - what in the name of Good Heart Rate are you doing there?! Have you ever heard about regression testing?

Case closed, trust in firmware update lost.
  • Yep, I agree that Garmin software is not the best. Sometimes works, sometimes it causes problems.

I have three Garmin devices in my household and 3 Android devices and the biggest problem is with my son's Vivofit Jr. 2. Seems to work with tablet on Android 6.0 , doesn't work with my phone, works with my wife's phone although not always (both 7.1) while my Vivoactive HR and wife's Vivomove works just fine with our phones. Also the Vivofit never connects itself to tablet for synchronisation. I need to start it manually on the device.
    There was also a time when my Vivoactive disconnected or caused to start an alarm on my phone for no reason.
    It's been a real mix and match. Good to know there is some workaround available.
  • I’m having the same issue.  It was great for the first few months but now it disconnects all the time!

• I have exactly the same problem with my vivomove hr watch. It's very annoying. 

• Have had the watch about 2 months. Sent the first one back and had a replacement. Wish I hadn't bothered. 
  • I have exactly the same problem with my watch. It's very annoying. 

Have had the watch about 2 months. Sent the first one back and had a replacement. Wish I hadn't bothered. 

• How did you get hold of the old firmware?