This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Double tap works only partially / Notifications always on?

Hi together,

I have two problems with my new Vivomove HR.

1. The double tap is not working good. I have to double tap around on the display and after some taps, it works, but thats not how it should be. Has anyone else this problem? Did I just did not find the right spot or velocity?
2. Notifications are only shown for some seconds, afterwards they are gone to the deep of the menustructure? Is it possible to show open notifications always on or at least to show it, as soon as the display turns on (wrist move or double tap (if the double tap would work)

Thanks for every input.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    1. Double tap is not working good for me neither. Sometimes it recognizes the tap on the first try, more often it's second or third, occasionally fourth or fifth. Basically it's garbage, I find it more convenient to use wake-up-on-look gesture than double tap.

2. I think you can extend display time in settings, either directly on watch or through Garmin Connect app: device settings > device display > auto display on > timeout > long. Also, you could set notifications screen (widget) to show up first after swipe-unlock your watch: device settings > device display > home screen widget > notifications
  • I had the same problem at first with the double tap (there's an earlier posting from me on this forum on this). In my case, I was just not tapping hard enough, thinking that it just wasn't reading my finger touching it. Now I tap it hard with my finger tip/finger nail just above where the number 6 would be and it works every time.
  • Thank you, that was it. It needs far more pressure than the normal navigation, then works the wake up like a charme.
  • It's still a problem February 2020.

have just returned no. 2 to Garmin, and the latest software updates still doesn't fix it!.

• It's still a problem February 2020.

have just returned no. 2 to Garmin, and the latest software updates still doesn't fix it!.