This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

my wrist hurts

First of all, I love the way the vivomove hr looks and works.. now second.. Am I extremely sensitive or what? The watch hurts when i put it on. Like a dull but very annyoing and unbearable pain. It goes on and of. I’ve experienced stuff like that before, years ago I tried a wacom pen. I couldn’t handle it.. instant pain. Is this caused by the bluetooth of other radiation? Just to be certain (which I already am, but I would hate to return the watch!) I am wearing it on the other wrist now..

does anyone recognize this? The hurt inside your wrist ?
  • where does it hurt and does it do the same thing on the other wrist? What kind of band do you have on it? Silicone or leather? Is the pain on the top side or on the inside of the wrist? Haven't heard of anyone having pain from the watch but if the buckle is in the right spot, it can be uncomfortable. There shouldn't be any kind of radiation issue. If you are concerned about it, put your phone next to your wrist, because that's emitting a lot more than the watch is. Perhaps there's something in the physiology of your wrist area that gets discomfort.
    you probably tried wearing it looser/tighter, you may also want to try a different band type. There are plenty of bands out there on Amazon, look for 20mm quick release. I have a metal chain link one and it feels great and is a lot easier to wear since it's not a buckle thing but a snap thing.
  • Jelke We would ask any user experiencing pain or discomfort from their device to contact us directly (phone, email, or chat) for assistance. We will look into the cause of this discomfort with you and will work to find the simplest and most appropriate solution.
  • I have experienced pain in my lower abdomen. I am convinced it is directly linked to wearing my Garmin. I am currently trying to prove my theory. It takes about 12 days of continuous wesr for the pain to develop and 3 days of not wearing the watch for the pain in my abdomen to disappear. I have experienced this twice without understanding what was going on and now in order to prove my theory I am experiencing it again (3rd) time and documenting everything. 

• Did you get to the bottom of this wrist pain? I have bought a Vivoactive 3 and after just over a day of wearing it I started to feel pain like I was using a tens machine on my arm. Tried it on my other wrist and the same thing happened.  

• I never got to the bottom of it. I honestly just didn't know where to take it next. Unlike the pain you experienced because it was in your wrist, I thought people would have a hard time believing me that pain in my lower abdomen was caused by something on my wrist. I just don't wesr the watch now. I did do some research and thought it could have to do with the green light that flashes constantly? I totally believe you (that wearing watch caused pain).

• I have tried wearing the watch with out the HR monitor switched on but still after just over half a day the pain came back. I am now thinking there might be a short from the battery or something like that. 

I might return this one and try another one. The only stuff I found online was this happening with Apple watches and Fitbits. 

• Did you get to the bottom of this wrist pain? I have bought a Vivoactive 3 and after just over a day of wearing it I started to feel pain like I was using a tens machine on my arm. Tried it on my other wrist and the same thing happened.  

• I have been wearing a Garmin Forerunner 245 Music continuously since 8th November - and I love it. Approximately two weeks ago I started experiencing severe muscular pain in my left shoulder - I wear the watch on my left hand. I initially put this down to something that i had done - maybe a pinched nerve. The only day I don't wear my watch for much of the day is on Saturdays when I'm playing golf. It dawned on me this morning that my shoulder felt a lot better after golf last week - only for the pain to gradually return. I initially put the improvement down to the shoulder loosening up with the the exercise.  So this morning I took the watch off and 8 hours later there is a marked improvement in my shoulder. Has anyone else experienced this type of reaction?

• I have had my Gamin 5S for quite a few years now and I too have linked wearing my watch to shoulder pain. I wear it on my left wrist and within about 3-4 days of wearing it I get considerable shoulder pain which require me to see treatment. I have looked back at my data and can see once i take it off the pain subsides and one I put it back on again I need to see Physio/doctors/xrays etc. 

• Me too. I have linked my Garmin Fenix 5S to causing considerable shoulder pain on my left side.