This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incorrect time

Hi all,

Just bought a Vívomove HR and the time on the watch is completely wrong.
I did try to sync it, the time is on automatic.
What do I do wrong?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Maybe nothing. I just received mine and it does the same thing. The digital time is correct, but the watch hands are consistently 6-16 minutes slow, despite recalibrating several times yesterday. It made me late for an appointment.
  • i received mine today and guess what, my time is also not correct. No matter what i do i cannot get it to go right. I set the digital time which shows correctly, but the hands are showing exactly 6 hours ahead like they are showing a different time zone. The time zone on my phone is GMT (correct for UK) but watch is 6 hours ahead. Everything else works fine. I could be missing something but my wife has tried as well and gets the same result. I have reset it and set up again, same result.I have been really looking forward to this watch but Im afraid the watch will be going back first thing Monday morning. i will keep looking over the weekend in case any one can help, after that this watch is gone!
  • Go outside and call up a GPS-based activity. That should fix it,
  • I did a GPS activity this morning and it didn't fix my time issue. Mine isn't a set number of hours though, like jonnyred's, mine is currently 14 minutes, which is not explainable by any time zone thing. It is just off.

• i received mine today and guess what, my time is also not correct. No matter what i do i cannot get it to go right. I set the digital time which shows correctly, but the hands are showing exactly 6 hours ahead like they are showing a different time zone. The time zone on my phone is GMT (correct for UK) but watch is 6 hours ahead. Everything else works fine. I could be missing something but my wife has tried as well and gets the same result. I have reset it and set up again, same result.I have been really looking forward to this watch but Im afraid the watch will be going back first thing Monday morning. i will keep looking over the weekend in case any one can help, after that this watch is gone!

Make sure the web Connect's Account display time zone settings are correct from the icon in the Account & Profile upper right corner. Don't set the watch's manually but let it update automatically.
  • Only way i got mine to work today was to set the time manually, took a few goes as the screen wouldnt let me back out, has to be quite exact spot to back out of a menu. Everything working now but would like to set time automaticall
  • Well, I ended up adjusting the time manually and then put it back to automatic. Later on, the hands were 5 minutes late. I recalibrated the hands, and the last 3 days or so everything seems to be all right. Hopefully, it will be ok from now otherwise I will have to return it.

• Yesterday seemed so promising for me. After I recalibrated the hands in the evening on Saturday, (5th time since getting the watch on Friday) it was still showing correct time Sunday morning, and it maintained the correct time all day. I worked out on the elliptical, went for a long walk with my wife, then went shopping and it was still correct. I wore both my Vivomove watch and my old Vivoactive and they both registered about 18000 steps. By evening I thought maybe it was fixed and I would keep it. Then came Star Wars Episode VII with the family, and somehow during that movie, on the couch, the watch lost 4 minutes and logged 25,000 STEPS! That's right! I looked at it just before bed and it was at 43,000 steps. Apparently my right arm went for a long walk while my left stayed still. It's the strangest damn thing. :) Back it goes today.........
  • Yep mine is going back as well. Wore it to work today, walked to and from. I park the car same place everyday and my Google fit app registers pretty much same steps every time. Today it showed same but when compared this evening the watch app is showing 7.5km Google fit shows 3.7km and when measured on Google maps the route is 4km. Weird as watching the steps widget seemed to be counting correctly. Anyway I think I will be on the lookout for something else, probably with GPS. Shame as it's a lovely looking watch and very comfy on.
  • The sudden jump up in steps may be because you were wearing both devices. There is a feature called TrueUp which is designed to merge step data particularly when a user switches from say a forerunner for their runs back to an activity tracker vivo afterwards. After syncing and a bit of time all step data is pushed together.
    This does not always work very well if you're wearing two devices at the same time that track steps. If steps are being tracked at the same time, then they can cancel each other. but if the time stamps are different (say like you manually adjust the time so that one is a minute or two faster than the other) then you will get double counting and the filtering that is in place will not be effective. The main thing is to just wear one device at a time and/or to make sure both are truly time synced correctly.
    I bet you tomorrow won't be as bad.