This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Differences between the Vivomove 3 and Vivomove sport?

What are the differences  between the Vivomove 3 and Vivomove sport? As far I can see the size, and that the Vivomove 3 has still a barometer. Considering both are in the same price range, why should one buy the Vivomove sport? Maybe newer sensors?

• Owning both of them, 3s (same features as 3) and Sport, my observations so far:

• Only 3s has altimeter (counts floors up/down)
    • 3s charges a lot faster, with both having similar battery life
    • Only Sport has a watch face / widget that shows exact SoC, while 3s shows just rough scale bar
    • Sport has better display resolution (circles are really round, text clearer to read) and is slightly brighter (you'll notice outdoors) 
    • 3s looks way more classy from metal housing and fingers, while Sport looks a lot cheaper
    • Only Sport logs GPS when auto-starting activity (annoying on the 3s to not get this) 
    • Sport has super buggy software at time of writing with ghost taps, freezing at activity start, resets at activity save, etc. (the reason I bought the 3s and stopped wearing the Sport)

Also, both families come in distinct sizes, with 3s having 39mm diameter (18mm strap), 3 is 44mm, Style + Luxe are 42mm (all 20mm straps). The Sport is 40mm with 20mm strap. So, depending on your wrist size, some models may not fit well.

In terms of sensor accuracy, I could not notice any differences.

Hope it helps.