This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My vivomove 3 cannot connect to phone gps.

I already set location permission to garmin connect but my watch still cannot connect to gps. I use Nokia 6.1 plus with android 10

• my vivomove 3s connects to gps but I don't see the route of my trip. there is the distance, the speed but not the altitude or the track.
  • Hi, I have my vivomove 3s since the beginning of April and everything was working fine untill 2 weeks now... The same problem is occuring: at the beginning of an acitivity, the watch get connected with gps on smartphone (in my hand!), i start running, but it's only following me like 50 metres. Do you still have this problem or how did you fix it? Getting desperate... Disappointed

• Hello,  sorry for my english because i'm trench. 

When you're walking, you must take your phone with you because the watch use the phone's gps.

I sent my watch to sav because mine doesn't use phone gps. I don't have my travel in Garmin connect. 

Say me if your watch works with your phone in your pocket.

Good Night.

• I have the Vivomove style, purchased it 10 weeks ago. Love the watch but am experiencing the same connected GPS issue as above.

Watch connects to mobile GPS but I get part or disjointed map on Garmin Connect. Distance is usually short too. I use strava and Endomondo on my Samsung A8 mobile at the same time which produces the same map and very close distance. 

In addition the pace makes no sense at all. I have run for enough years to know my pace. 

I would expect more from Garmin as known for their running equipment. 

I have cleared data and cache on the App which did not help. I am not sure if it is a software or hardware issue.

Any help will he gratefully excepted. 

• Hi,

I also experience the same issue. It was working with previous connect app version. I had the same routing GPS data when compared with Strava.

Now (connect v.4.31), the GPS get lost after a few meters of run. Only the estimation from steps works. The same situation is with cycling.

Last version of the app had issue with maps displaying. Always something. Why Garmin treats their customers as beta testers?

The only way to solve it is to fill bug reports as often as possible.....

Regards,

Łukasz