This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Floors climbed not registering

New user ;-)

Floors climbed not registering (well, only 1 of 10 or more) and floors descended not much better (3 of 10 or more).....whats up??

• I think the barometer must be measuring pressure from one of those small holes on the back of the watch. I do a workout that involves climbing 5 flights 15 times, so 75 flights, but I find that after about 25-30 flights as my hand gets sweaty, the floor counting completely stops. I believe the little hole gets clogged with sweat, and that's the end of recording.

• If that's the case....poor design!....especially as ths Vivomove is aimed at poeple wanting to monitor their excercise/sports activities!

In my case that 'explanation' doesn't account for the issue....I'm talking about the count of floors climbed at home through the course of the day......no sweating involved lol
    Thanks for the reply...

......don't Garmin have people here to help/advise??

• It used to work reasonably well, since early December is instead having a crazy behavior. Several days in a row reports zero and then one day has a huge value.Both for climbed and descended floors. I guess is some form of bug of current SW release, but I cannot remember if it appeared soon after a SW update. Does anyone know how to report a bug?

• Worrying....mine had a crazy day the other day also - first thing in the morning, I'd been out of bed 10 mins and it showed 3900+ steps and 10 floors (up and down!).

Meantime the 'floors' reporting remains really poor and eratic to say the least (up and down never match also) - rubbish / not impressed @Garmin Support??!!

• Have you got still no reply from Garmin? I have the same issue Disappointed

• Mi opinion is that air pressure and movement sum up to floors climbed. At home is seams to work correct, but at work, it is less. At work there is a kind of building-size air conditioning/cleaning system. This can creates an inside air-presure that can be equal on all floors, so only steps are registered and floors climbed are not.

Just a wild guess, i know, but something to look for and investigate.