This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VivoFit Jr3 Screen brightness - Not

Just purchased a Vivofit Jr3 and also complained of screen brightness with or without backlight.  These do NOT display the same brightness levels as are shown on all of Garmin's advertising photos/videos, and should be considered false advertising. 

It appears that this has been an issue in several devices for several years now. 

Without a solution to change contrast, background or increase brightness it is a disappointment for as good a company as Garmin (at least I thought).

• Hi. I agree the watch is too dim and should automatically brighten when the child looks at it (like the adult Garmin watches). This should be a high priority for Garmin.

• Agree with the others on this thread, needs to be adjustable to be brighter. Would much rather replace the kids battery a few times each year, and be able to see the watch. Most of the time outside it looks fine, but indoors (like at school where my kid will want to show it off) it's not so easy to read.

• Same issue here, this screen is far to dim. If we would have known, we would have never bought this.

Also the lack of response from Garmin on this issue is very disappointing.

• 26.000+ views and counting...please garmin, you should notice this is a serious problem...

• Not sure if all responses are UK based, but it appears there are enough responses on this one to warrant referring this to a consumer rights programme like BBCs Watchdog. I’ll get in touch and see what they say. Shocking that Garmin have done nothing about this. I did receive an email from someone at Garmin through this feed and they did ask me to send photos of the watch. I did so and surprise surprise, no response. That was months ago. 

• This is really not something expected from Garmin. My kid keeps coming back to us to check what the watch is showing.

• I’ve just purchased this for my daughter and I’m in agreement with all other comments. The screen brightness on the watch is appalling!! Im extremely disappointed that such a high quality product with a reputable name didn’t consider the brightness that would be needed for a child’s use. The pictures and videos displayed did not display this being an issue at all. False advertising. Extremely disappointed