This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VivoFit Jr3 Screen brightness - Not

Just purchased a Vivofit Jr3 and also complained of screen brightness with or without backlight.  These do NOT display the same brightness levels as are shown on all of Garmin's advertising photos/videos, and should be considered false advertising. 

It appears that this has been an issue in several devices for several years now. 

Without a solution to change contrast, background or increase brightness it is a disappointment for as good a company as Garmin (at least I thought).

• I honestly can't believe how dark it is, even with the so called back light lit up. Surely someone actually looked at this before they sold thousands of them. The brightness on the box picture is completely false advertising. Its like trying to look through a dark tinted car window. 

This is something I would expect to receive from ebay not built from a reputable company and sold in JB hifi

•  Vivofit Jr3 is a great option to consider!

• Biggest dissapointment ever, how this passed your testing team I will never know. Purchased online so it's too hard to return.

Btw Garmin you don't need screenshots from people, open your eyes and just pick one up and you will see what everyone is whinging about. Will never buy Garmin again after this, the look of dissapointment on my daughters face for her birthday just shattered me!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to Garmin-AmberD

Hi, I would like to also receive an email response also re: poor screen brightness.  Have just purchased also and the screen brightness is terrible, I thought we must have had a bad battery.  Unreadable?

• I will echo everyone's comments on the screen brightness issue.  Just purchased and set up the watch to the disappointment of the screen being completely too dim to be eligible indoors.  Even pressing the button for a brighter screen is still too dim and doesn't stay on at that level for long enough.  Terrible design and flaw in what would otherwise be a great device.  Sad to see Garmin drop the ball on this and not address.

• just purchased this watch for my daughter and really frustrated with very dull screen brightness. how to resolve it ?

• My 7 old just opened this for her birthday. The screen is so bad for how much this watch cost. I’m so disappointed. She lost interest pretty much straight away because it was too hard to see even with the backlight on. I’ll be asking for a refund and finding a better watch. 

• I would like to add to the complaints about a dull dark display on the Vivofit3 jr.  It can barely be seen without the backlight and to make matters worse the backlight does not turn on automatically and isn't the 1st function of the button making it trick to turn on reliably.  Please feel free to contact me via email to discuss options to correct

• I went v searching the internet to see if the brightness is a known issue... we are having the exact same problem

Wholeheartedly agree that Garmin should recall and replace these watches. Screen is very dark and very difficult to read. I will be looking for a refund also.  Just opened the watch today. Should have checked online reviews beforehand. Very poor product. 

• I just got my daughter one and it’s so dark!!! In the video when they advertise the watch or if you search it the screen looks so bright!!! I’m so shocked!!! It’s very frustrating . What’s the point ? And yes I know to hold it down to see but then we cant see after 2 seconds. This is insane and esp for the watch being over 100$.