This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VivoFit Jr3 Screen brightness - Not

Just purchased a Vivofit Jr3 and also complained of screen brightness with or without backlight.  These do NOT display the same brightness levels as are shown on all of Garmin's advertising photos/videos, and should be considered false advertising. 

It appears that this has been an issue in several devices for several years now. 

Without a solution to change contrast, background or increase brightness it is a disappointment for as good a company as Garmin (at least I thought).

• Same issue here. The watch is so dark, it is so difficult to see the screen. Is there a way it could be fixed? It's very annoying to have paid for a watch you can't use. 

• GARMIN???  Where are you at on this brightness issue??   You have an entire forum of complaints on a singular issue.   Make a statement.  Don’t hide.  Bad news travels fast.  You will find it much easier to offer a replacement to everyone that has a freaking brightness adjustment then to lose tens of thousands of unit sales going forward. Remember GARMIN:

for every customer complaint there are 26 other customers who remained silent.  Not good when you extrapolate that number on this issue!

a did satisfied customer will tell 9-15 people on avg and 13% will tell 20 or more people!  

it Costs GARMIN 7x more Money to acquire a new customer then to retain an existing one!

96% of Unhappy customers don’t complain however 91% of those will leave and never purchase a product from you again.   

these are all documented facts.   Pass this along to your executive team as it doesn’t appear anyone there is paying attention!

kevin m

[email protected]

• Dis satisfied.  Logging complaint to Apple on that auto correct. Slight smile

• HI all! First, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for your frustration regarding this. I am going to create a case for my team. I would like to collect screen shots of inside and outside of the device if you would not mind. Could you respond to this post if I may reach out to you via email?

• Hi, thank you for responding to this thread. Please feel free to email me regarding the watch. Thank you. 

• Hello, please feel free to contact me via email. 

• Just bought this for my son... without the ability to adjust the brightness is disappointing. Think I'll return it for the Fitbit Ace.

• Just purchased for granddaughter.  Very unhappy with screen brightness...the worst I have seen of any product.  Very surprised that garmin would put out such an inferior product with a very obvious flaw.  This needs to have a fix now.

• HI there! I am sorry about your frustration with the device. I do want to make sure that you are holding the button down to light up the device. If so, I can add you to our case of customer experience regarding the backlight. 

• I guess most people do not mean the brightness with the backlight on, but the visibilty of the screen without the backlight on.