This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Thoughts on the Vivofit Jr 2?

Hello!

My son has been asking for a watch, and has also said he wants one that tracks his steps like I have. I am considering getting him a Vivofit Jr 2 for his birthday and wondered what parents who's kids have the device actually think of them. Are they easy to use, hold up well, etc? Or will my money be better spent somewhere else? Thanks!
  • My 2 boys are quite happy with their devices. They compare their standings frequently. Who leads by steps or who leads by activity minutes. It encourages them to be active. The kids use their watch als alarm clock to get up in the morning and they use it as timer for various actions (play tablet or watch tv for 30min, read for 10min, etc..). My kids can find it easy to navigate through the menues of the watch.
    Both, 7 and 9 years old wear the watch 24/7 for about 6 month now and the devices still look quite good. Seems to be more robust compared to the Vivofit jr1 which I had to change 2 times due to black spots on the display.

Negative aspects are:
    The app-based game earned by activity minutes is quite boring. My kids stopped playing it. And I stopped giving virtual coins for activities to earn goodies.
    The synchronisation with the app doesn't work all the time. In my case the first device always works, but the second one needs a reboot of my smartphone to work. No matter who synchs first.
    The first setup of the devices was a bit frustrating, none of my android smartphones were able to transfer the latest firmware. I used the iphone of a friend to update both devices, since that time it works with my own smartphones as well. Seems as if garmin fixed something with the latest firmware.

If you are aware of some technical issues that may occur setting up and synching the vivofit jr2. I consider it as a good birthday present.