This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivofit Jnr 2 - another one bites the dust

Former Member
Former Member
We bought a Vivofit Jnr 2 Star Wars edition band for our son for Christmas. The first band wouldn't start up at all so had to exchange it at Argos where we bought it.

The second one lasted about three weeks before the time display froze at 18:26 last night and flashed on and off continuously. Then the alarm began beeping an hour later and there was nothing we could do to turn it off. Even the 10 second reset failed. Eventually i found a watchmaker's toolkit and removed the battery to give it a hardware reset. When replaced, the display showed a rather attractive barcode pattern for an hour before eventually going blank. I'm concerned about the likelihood of getting a third dodgy band from a duff batch if i take it back to Argos, is there anything else I can try?
  • I have almost the same problem with 2 vivofits I bought for my sons! After the update they started blinking the time and after that I changed batteries but it's still freeze... My kids are so disappointed, it was a Santa gift ????
    I send it to service and will have answers on Wednesday
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    Yes it was a Christmas gift, making it all the more annoying!

btw - I haven't tried to upgrade / update the firmware at all - I used it straight out of the box. For the short time it was working, my son loved it. Hopefully Garmin won't take too long to answer my support email...
  • We are incredibly sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and have put together the below FAQ to address this. We are also available though phone, email, or chat for further assistance.

https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch...U511GleYJ89AoA
  • We are incredibly sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and have put together the below FAQ to address this. We are also available though phone, email, or chat for further assistance.

https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch...U511GleYJ89AoA

I replaced battery but it's still dead, I send both of them at the Garmin service center in Greece in order to fix them. As soon as I have the solution will let you know
  • Same thing happened to my son and his 4-day old vivofit jr. 2 - out of nowhere the screen started flashing and nothing was working, after battery replacement random patterns appear on the screen. I am sending it back to retailer but I am wondering how common is this and if there is anything which can trigger this?