This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivofit Jr. 2 screen brightness

Hello all,

We've recently bought a Vivofit Jr. 2 for our daughter. When I started the device I noticed that the screen was very dark and barely readable in daylight. Long pressing the button turns on the back-light for 2 to 3 seconds, but even then I would not call it a bright screen that is easily readable. Altogether the screen is a far cry from the bright and colorful screens shown on the Garmin product page for the Vivofit Jr. 2, though I realize that those are marketing materials that may not reflect actual product behavior.

I was wondering what experiences others have with the Vivofit Jr. 2, as there are hardly any independent product reviews yet. How is the screen on your Vivofit Jr.? I'm curious to hear other experiences, as I'm not sure whether our daughters' one is defective and should be returned, or whether this is the normal product behavior.

Appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,
Pascal Frencken
  • We are finding ourselves in the same issue as you! I can not believe they would market the device without a bright screen. The Vivofit 3 has the same footprint so one can guess the internal workings are very similar. We are trying to decide if we should try to return or not. The rest of the device seems like a pretty good solution for kids. I can only home the programmers will see this and push an update.
  • Same here! Just got ours yesterday - found your note because I was googling whether there was something wrong with ours (?)

• +1 for us!  The Jr. with the fixed band is clearly brighter when put side by side.