This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Got my Vivofit 4

Hi

I just got a new Vivofit 4 yesterday through a Veteran's program. They gave it to me to help me monitor my health and get healthier. I'm wondering how accurate these things are? I've never had any type of health monitor before.

Also, it told me that I had almost 4 hours of deep sleep and when I looked it up, that seems to be way more than normal so I'm wondering if the thing is maybe not that accurate for things like sleep. I really just don't know how it works and want to know more. Help me out?

• When it comes to things like counting steps and sleep tracking, the vivofit will give you an approximate result. Steps are counted by detecting rhythmic swings of your arm, so you can get either false positives or false negatives when you do something with your arms. Sleep tracking is based on actigraphy, and as such is more guesswork than a reliable sleep detector.

To sum it up, some people get quite satisfactory results, while others complain.