Syncing steps on multiple devices.

Hello, I have several garmin trackers including the 920xt, vivoactive 3, vivofit 4. When I synced and switched my main tracker from my vivoactive 3 to the vivofit 4 and synced I was hoping the steps would carry over and update from my steps previously taken during the day, however that did not happen.

I know Garmin does a good job of not duplicating activity and time between devices but is there a way to keep the device step counts updates or synced?

Also are there things I should keep in mind while switching devices?
Parents
  • Thanks pshare. I have an update. Prior to my second post I had waited about an hour after syncing my VivoFit 4 and 920XT a few times and also refreshing GC. But about 30 minutes after I posted my VivofFt 4 and GC corrected themselves on the step count bringing it down 1400 versus the 9000 from the bike ride. I was very happy. The 920XT did not correct steps but that is fine, I mainly wanted GC correct and my daily driver watches to be correct.

I will also report everything with Apple health, Strava and other apps I use for fun came out correct in the end. So apparently there is a time delay but Garmin sorted it out eventually.
  • Thanks pshare. I have an update. Prior to my second post I had waited about an hour after syncing my VivoFit 4 and 920XT a few times and also refreshing GC. But about 30 minutes after I posted my VivofFt 4 and GC corrected themselves on the step count bringing it down 1400 versus the 9000 from the bike ride. I was very happy. The 920XT did not correct steps but that is fine, I mainly wanted GC correct and my daily driver watches to be correct.

I will also report everything with Apple health, Strava and other apps I use for fun came out correct in the end. So apparently there is a time delay but Garmin sorted it out eventually.
Children
No Data