This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin VivoFit 4 problems?

New here! I got a VivoFit 4 on January 27th. Wore it for about three days when I noticed it was glitching. It was missing steps. More accurately I would, for example, have 4000 steps logged and then be walking and see that my VivoFit would suddenly have backed up and say I only had 3800 steps. This happened a few times. Then I started noticing the blue triangle widget would flash on the screen and then leave. I would also lose information when I synced with my tablet. Not all the time, but enough of the time that it was a pain. On day 6 I had enough and called Garmin. They suggested I return the item to them. I did.

I bought another VivoFit 4 and have only had it one day and it's losing steps already. I had synced an hour ago and had 9427 steps. I just went for a walk around the office and look at the tracker and it shows 9134 steps. I'm pretty sure I didn't walk backwards! ;)

I'm having a HARD time believing that a reputable company like Garmin could possibly have produced not ONE, but TWO pieces of crap called the VivoFit 4 so I am wondering if I am missing something. Am I doing something to make this happen? Perhaps someone could chime in with some advice, etc.

All I want is for the tracker to accurately count my steps and not be losing steps on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance!
  • Hello! Can you take the battery out, remove the connection from the phone then add it back. Could you tell me if it works properly after these steps?

• Hello, When i synchonise with the phone, it's good. These probleme is when I synchronise with the Ant + plug.

• Same problem. Battery life is the life of these devices. Got it working with New batteries only for it to reset itself two weeks later. Scrolls through lots of pretty patterned screens and once in 10000 button presses gives gives you a chance to pair and times out before complete. May have bought my last garmin anything.

• I wish Garmin would realize what garbage VivoFit is and just dump the product. I upgraded to a Vivoactive 3 which was good for about a year + then the HR sensor started running constany and I was charging every 3 days. Also, too easily cracked the crystal cover and it has gradually been going since. Next level I just got is the Instinct Solar. So far, I really like it. As usual with Garmin......time will tell.