This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin VivoFit 4 problems?

New here! I got a VivoFit 4 on January 27th. Wore it for about three days when I noticed it was glitching. It was missing steps. More accurately I would, for example, have 4000 steps logged and then be walking and see that my VivoFit would suddenly have backed up and say I only had 3800 steps. This happened a few times. Then I started noticing the blue triangle widget would flash on the screen and then leave. I would also lose information when I synced with my tablet. Not all the time, but enough of the time that it was a pain. On day 6 I had enough and called Garmin. They suggested I return the item to them. I did.

I bought another VivoFit 4 and have only had it one day and it's losing steps already. I had synced an hour ago and had 9427 steps. I just went for a walk around the office and look at the tracker and it shows 9134 steps. I'm pretty sure I didn't walk backwards! ;)

I'm having a HARD time believing that a reputable company like Garmin could possibly have produced not ONE, but TWO pieces of crap called the VivoFit 4 so I am wondering if I am missing something. Am I doing something to make this happen? Perhaps someone could chime in with some advice, etc.

All I want is for the tracker to accurately count my steps and not be losing steps on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance!
  • Thank you , I was debating buying another , but I’m stuck with a bunch of watch bands and batteries that I hate to throw away lolll

• Did this ever get resolved for you? My two-day-old vivofit 4 is doing this and I'm really disappointed.

• Did this ever get resolved for you? My two-day-old vivofit 4 is doing this and I'm really disappointed.

• Keith,, what exactly are you referring to?

FWIW the Vivofit 4 can be glitchy at times and other professional reviews have stated that. Annoying as it is. Avoiding water at all costs has seemed to extend the life of mine quite a bit. I really wish Garmin would be the "stand up" company and admit this version hasn't been the best. But they don't. 

Been researching the next best from Garmin. Willing to spend more for quality and one that lasts. 

• Apologies—the issue I'm referring to is related to the original post here. Specifically, my Vivofit 4 will set the steps count to a seemingly random number. This afternoon, I had 3500 steps, but this evening I have 2000. Or the day before, I had 3000 steps and then a few sedentary minutes later I had 8000.

My partner's got one, and it seems to work great, so I figured I'd get one too. Anyway, mine hasn't gotten wet beyond a little perspiration.

Just wondering if anyone else has managed to sort it out for themselves. I've also contacted Garmin support. Thanks!

• Well, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bug in the Connect app. I had two Vivofit devices configured, a 2 and a 4. The 4 was the preferred device. Anyway, it seems that each time one of the devices synced, the step count in Connect (and indeed on the devices)  would cease making sense.

I removed the Vivofit 2 and everything is working as it should. I'm using only the Vivofit 4 now. Hope that helps someone.

• My Vivofit 4 froze up after changing batteries. It eventually came back to life but I purchased a Vivoactive 3 in the meantime and have been using it instead. I just think the VF4 is too glitchy. I also had both connected at same time but made the VA3 the primary. I think is disconnected the VF4 eventually. 

• When synchronizing my Garmin Vivofit 4, Garmin connect forgets the data of the day before ! You can see my activity. I have no activity in the evening
  • I does not have a sync option once pair finds a device it recognises it goes to sync

• I has a Vivofit 2 which I loved but it died so replaced it with the Vivofit 4. I have had problems with it losing steps also. Garmin replaced it but today it started acting up and now I'm losing steps and can't get it to sync to my phone.