This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4 (all versions) SW 5.10

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Improved sync speed with Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Improved translations
  • Added access to detailed activity information from the Last Sport widgets
  • Various bug fixes for golf and club sensors
  • Increased maximum pool size
  • Improved CIQ Data Field power management and error handling
  • Fixed gesture handling for CIQ watch faces
  • Fixed handling of disabled cards in Garmin Pay
  • Improved NFC stability
  • Added a stopwatch reminder
  • Fixed rowing speed data field
  • I have the watch for 2 months now and also have a battery issue. A few days ago I did a factory reset, but it didn't fixed the problem. Yesterday at 23:30 I turned off my watch and charged the battery till 100%. Then I went to sleep and in the morning it was still 100%. To be sure it was really 100% and not a freeze of the indicator I turned off and back on the watch to see if the percentage has changed. The first half hour it was stll 100% but then it began draining my watch in a couple of hours to 0%.... I'm going it charge it back to 100% and see what will happen if i don't restart te watch after it has been fuly charged.

• After 2 days running on 5.0, after downgrade I am back to normal battery consumption of 0.6%.

I use my normal settings: No bluetooth, no gps, no wifi. 

I have removed the iQ I don't use, and left 1 watch face, calendar, battery monitoring. 

I didn't do factory reset after downgrade. My settings and iQ ere still there (strange). 

After Garmin sync with the phone application, I'm not asked to do upgrade to 5.1. I didn't do anything special for avoiding this, though. 

• Yesterday I have charged it back to 100% without restarting it. 24 hours later it's 0%. I'm going to downgrade the software to 5.0 like suggested a few times in this forum.

• if you have time, you can try to uninstall the iQ. or factory reset. but will take you more time than just rolling back to 5.0.

• Just downgraded to 5.0 and immediately it goes to 99%, but let's wait till it reach 0%. Maybe just a starting up issue of the watch. If this doesn't help, then I go for uninstalling IQ.

• Now, 24 hours later the battery is on 81%. So looks like version 5.10 is draining the battery.

• So is garmin going to acknowledge this issue and do anything about it? We are at 3 weeks now without a comment from garmin. Even if we could get something like "we are currently investigating..." would be nice.

• We are at 3 weeks now without a comment from garmin

Did anyone contact Garmin via the Garmin Support Center? Chat or call for fastest service. Garmin staff members don't typically monitor this forum.

• Like everyone else I'm experiencing excessive battery drain on 5.10.

Is anyone else having issues updating their CPE for the GPS. Since 5.10 mine will only update through Express. It used to always update through Connect but no longer does. I have to remember to connect my watch to my computer every few days now so the CPE doesn't expire. If it expires it can take 30 minutes for my watch to get GPS signal if it does at all.

• OK so I didn't do the factory rest or downgraded to 5.0, but I found out that when I reverted to the stock watch face that comes with the watch the battery consumption was back to normal.

Here are the results from my test - 

IQ watch face (I use SkyTracker) with pulse ox during sleep:

Battery drain overnight -
    V5.0 - 5-6%
    V5.1 - 11-12%

Battery drain during the day-
    V5.0 - Less than 1%/hour
    V5.1 - More than 1%/hour

Stock watch face with pulse ox during sleep:

Battery drain overnight -
    V5.0 - 5-6%
    V5.1 - 5-6%

Battery drain during the day-
    V5.0 - Less than 1%/hour
    V5.1 - Less than 1%/hour

So the problem is with the IQ watch faces.
    Garmin must screw something up with the way the IQ faces work.