This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What gets "transferred" with Wi-Fi in Vivoactive 4s?

When researching devices, i came upon a review that said something like "you can sync the V4/4s via bluetooth with your phone, or via wi-fi with both the phone and a computer". I thought this was a great advancement. I will be able to sync data or get updates or upload music to the watch, either through bluetooth and the phone, wi-fi and the phone, usb with the computer or wi-fi and the computer. Now that i own the watch, i don't see the use of wi-fi. It doesn't work with the pc when thy are both connected to the same network, neither with the phone. Phone requires bluetooth, pc requires usb. When i go to the phone settings and select to connect to wi-fi, it says "transfer in progress" and "transfer complete". I don't understand what exactly gets transferred each time. For example i don't understand how the weather gets updated, it seems it can only get updated if you have both bluetooth and wi-fi turned on, on the phone, and have the bluetooth turned on in the device. Any help?

• Uno de los usos del WiFi, es buscar y descargar actualizaciones de sw, sin necesidad de conectar el reloj al PC. Si lo tienes activa la Carga Automática, en el menú del reloj, se subirán las actividades sin necesidad de conectar vía bluetooth el teléfono al reloj.