Anyone else have a burn from the sensor on the Vivoactive 4?

I just got this watch for Christmas,  it is not an allergic reaction to the watch band as I have no issues there, it is just under the watch sensor.  I can feel it burn, I can pull the watch off my skin and see the green and red lights on, when they are in a constant state of being on it burns my skin. when they are off... no problem.  I've cleaned the watch with soap and water and alcohol wipes. doesn't help.Anyone else have this problem?

• Es raro lo que comentas. Podría ser debido a una hiper sensibilidad a los impulsos de luz. Creo que deberías de consultarlo con tu médico, y si determina que es algún tipo de incompatibilidad ,ponerlo en manos del SAT de Garmin

• thanks for your reply, I've seen other people comment about this problem or something similar but with previous watches such as the vivoactive 3. I had not seen any comments on skin irritation from vivoactive 4 and that is why I posted the question. . I'm afraid if I ask my doctor,  he will just tell me not to wear the watch, problem solved. I happen to like my watch very much and would like to wear it as it was a gift. 

• Sí. La verdad es que es un reloj precioso. Podrías probar alternativas como, no tener constantemente conectado el seguimiento del pulso,o cambiàrtelo de brazo. 

• I haven't gotten a burn but a couple of times over the 4 weeks tbat I have worn it, I have gotten a bit of a red mark.  It has always been when I have gotten warm and my wrist has swelled up a bit making the watch tight against the wrist.  I have just adjusted the band down a notch and the problem has gone away. Really, the bands need some sort of elasticity to them to maintain an always snug but never tight fit.

• I haven't gotten a burn but a couple of times over the 4 weeks tbat I have worn it, I have gotten a bit of a red mark.  It has always been when I have gotten warm and my wrist has swelled up a bit making the watch tight against the wrist.  I have just adjusted the band down a notch and the problem has gone away. Really, the bands need some sort of elasticity to them to maintain an always snug but never tight fit.

• I'm not allergic and I have been using Garmin watches for years (With HR active all day) without any problems. Since my girlfriend and I started using the vivoactive 4 both start having burns in the skin. I wrote to the SAT and the send me new straps, I'll test it and I hope that solve the problems....

• I have experienced a similar problem with my Vivoactive 3, a red mark on the wrist where the sensor is located. I removed the device and now wearing it on my right wrist . It has  taken almost 1 month to clear, I would like to know if there are long term dangers , and how to rectify the problem as it has not appeared on my right hand , however I now remove the device at night as it is too tight around my right wrist..,

I have read on other forums this could be caused by the strap being too tight around the wrist  perhaps I need to get a longer strap to allow more flexibility around the wrist.

The device is cleaned quite often so highly unlikely there is bacterial build up

Please advise should anyone know who to contact  

• I got mine for Christmas as well. I am not allergic and don’t have burns. But since day 2, I DO have really red, itchy eczema all around my wrist which never happened with my old fitness watch I wore 24/7 on the same wrist. I switch at night now but it isn’t long enough apparently and now both affected

• Hello, I also bought Vivoactive 4 January 2020, and after a week of wearing it during the day only I skin started itching from the wrist , arm and the whole body. I took the watch off but the itch didn’t go away immediately and had to take   allergy medication and it cleared. I wore the watch again , cleaned it every day but the rash and itch is back again. I thought it was the wrist  band but I am shocked to learn that others have similar issues. Funny enough I used vivosmart HR before and never had rash or itching once. 
    Could it be the watch band or the watch itself? 
    I would appreciate your views. I will also write to Garmin.

Thanks

• Same.  Right under where it plugs in.   I need to contact Garmin.  I can’t even wear it for an hour anymore Disappointed and the rash/burn takes at least a week to heal.