This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

hr sensor always blink

is it normal that the hr sensor always blink? even when the watch is taken off. that may be why the battery consumption is high

• You're absolutely right, but until garmin fixes this, which will take some time unfortunately, this is the only way to help us retain some decent battery life.

• Now you are right. Watch doesn't have to be rebooted after each workout, if is not taken of the hand. Hmm, maybe is a feature? Garmin wants us to wear the watch all the time Smiley

• I have returned mine to the retailer. I online got it a few weeks ago. Had a lot of issues with it not connecting, battery drain after a sudden Bluetooth-disconnect. Garmin did not suggest the update, but I found it and now this issue. Better return it now while it’s still easy.

I will check the forerunner 245 (running is my main activity)

• this evening the blinking-issue occurred without starting an activity

• For me it's only after any kind of workout. For example today, after short hiking, came home, take of the watch and it was blinking like crazy. Differently and more intensive than on the hand. Turning HRM off/on didn't help, only turning off/on the watch.

I'm not wearing the watch all the time when I'm at home and it's really annoying to have to turn the watch off/on (no restart option) every day.

Ironically, watch had that bug, Garmin fixed with 3.5 and now bug is back with 3.6.

• I saw that this reply got downvoted, I upvoted because I'm happy Garmin communicates with customers via this forum. While powering off and on the device is not a (permanent) fix, I'm happy to see you reply to most of the big issues

• Same behaviour here since the last update to Firmware version 3.60. Before the update and reboot took place, the HF sensor always stopped flashing a few seconds after the watch has been taken off the arm.

• Constant flashing LED shortens its life. Maybe the producer wants the watches to be scrap in 2-3 years and the user bought a new one?

• All,

I have exactly the same issue.

This started after the latest software update. (SW Version 3.60)

Rebooting the watch solves the problem until next activity, but IMHO this is not how it should be.

Hoping GARMIN solves this issue very soon in the next software update, but it indeed shortens the battery life.

Regards

• The product support confirmed that several users reported this issue. They said that development department in the US is informed about the described issue and they're analyzing it.