This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

hr sensor always blink

is it normal that the hr sensor always blink? even when the watch is taken off. that may be why the battery consumption is high

• It probably happens after recording a training and probably the only way to fix it is to reboot after each training. I say "probably" because guys from Garmin here don't speak up very often about our prolems - with devices they support. 

There are already topics here with the same issue.

• sorry to hear that, if they don't fix it soon i'll return the watch

• Please power cycle your device off and on if you are seeing this symptom. This should resolve this symptom, but if it does not, please post here. 

• Well, It does not resolve the issue. The HR sensor keeps blinking even after turning It off!! This behavior started with SW 3.60... How on earth can this update have passend QC?

3.50 broke my VO2Max updating. Now this very annoying bug... GPS is far less accurate than my VA3... My faith in this product is falling fast...

• It doesn't help, the issue is still there. It gets triggered by recording an activity. The only way to fix it is to turn off/on the watch. It stops until next recording. 

• Even after turning off and on the watch the HR sensor keeps blinking continuously. It NEVER turns off in my case since SW 3.60... And the measurements are very unreliable. Today It measured 165 bpm while I was only zitting behind my desk..  Yesterday It recorded 1200 (!!!) active calorie because of incorrectly high heartrate reading... Ridiculous, because I had the day off and I did absolutely nothing else than some reading, cooking and watching tv. Vivoactive 4 estimated over 3200 calories for that day instead of 2300 it should appr. have been. 

I don't trust the thing anymore and regret my purchase..  A shame, because my vivoactive 3 was a great watch!! 

• Maybe you have some other settings which triggers the HR sensor. In my case (3rd test today) it happens only after recording an activity.

Maybe MoveIQ is the cause? Do you have it enabled?

Former Member guys please fix this as soon as possible, this is a major flaw. Rebooting sports, training watch after each training is really bad...

• I hope this is a temporary solution and garmin is coming up with a fix. This is ridiculous

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Garmin-Blake

Power off and on works for a while and then the problem reoccurs. Not a fix. 

• Blake: I've noticed that the HR sensor is always blinking when it's off my wrist and plugged in. I did cycle power, but the behavior continues.