This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 sensors dead

Hi everyone,

suddenly my Vivosmart 3 froze. Did a restart and all the sensors (bluetooth, HR, etc.) were dead.

I cannot connect it to my phone, it doesn't light up the HR sensor, it fails the exact hour, etc.

Garmin Support told me to do various resets, which I did repeatedly, both on the unit and on the phone: it starts up, but only shows the standard watch face, everything else is gone.

Any hints?

Thanks!

Riccardo

• Based on my V3 (non-music - music might be slightly different)

I would start with the phone connection first. If you long press the watch face and go to settings/phone, see if it's turned off. If it is, then turn the connection back on.

Then check your sensors status by entering Test Mode:

To access Test Mode:

1. With unit in “off” state, turn the unit on
    2. As soon as the display turns on, press and hold the button
    3. Wait for the unit to vibrate 3 times and release the button (there will be a long gap between the second

and third vibrations). The unit will then enter test mode.

1. vivoactive 3: Press the button to access the various Test screens

To exit Forced Test Mode:

1. Press the button (vivoactive 3: 5 times)
    2. You should see the screen "Press and hold the power button to disable forced test mode"
    3. As directed, press and hold the power button until the Garmin triangle appears, indicating the device is powering back to normal mode.
  • Don't know if you're a wizard or what... Followed your instructions and it's suddenly alive again! Thank you so much!

Regards

Riccardo

• I love it when a plan comes together.