This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Side swipe and touch screen don't work anymore

Hello all,

suddendly the touch screen and the side swipe don't work anymore.

And the battery drains from 100% to 0% in just few minutes.

The watch itself seems to work but I can't use it since the touch or the side swipe don't work.

I can't  even do a factory reset.

My question is: could it be the battery? Perhaps it's too old to keep charge and the watch goes in power saving mode disabling touch and side swipe?

If so, I would simply replace the battery.

Other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tony

• If it were me, I'd start with a hard reset of the watch.

From Garmin-Kevin in another thread:

To perform a hard reset, press and hold the power button on your watch.  Ignore the "Power Off" question and the assistance alert (if applicable) on your watch, just continue holding the power button pressed down until the screen goes blank.  Once this occurs, you may release the button.  Allow the watch to sit powered off for a few seconds, then you may power it back on by pressing and releasing the power button.

• Thanks for your reply.

I performed hard reset multiple times: same results: touch and swipe non working.

I opened the watch (the warranty expired a year ago) and all cables seem in place.

In the past year I opened the watch just because the screen was monochrome (red) and it was because a connection was loose. After fixing it the watch started in plain colours.

But now I can't make the touch or swipe to work.

I'm tempted to buy spare parts somewhere (aliexpress, for example).

Do you know an european dealer that sells vivoavtive 3 spare parts?

TIA

tony

• Nope, I'm in Canada but @trux might.