This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sensor stopped working - green light is off

Hello!

The sensor on my vivoactive 3 Music seems to have stopped. The green light is off. It is no longer tracking my steps or heart rate.

I checked the tracking to make sure it was on as well as the HR monitor settings. I did a soft and a hard reset and it seems that this didn't work either.

Thank you!

• You can go into Test mode and check the various elements of the watch

To access Test Mode:

1. With unit in “off” state, turn the unit on
    2. As soon as the display turns on, press and hold the button
    3. Wait for the unit to vibrate 3 times and release the button (there will be a long gap between the second and third vibrations). The unit will then enter test mode. 

Press the button to access various test screens.

• Sensor lights are not flashing. Tried power off/on.. no tracking being done for activates.. can you help?

• Is tracking turned on in the watch's settings?

If so, the next option is a reset.

NOTE: This deletes all user-entered information and activity history. If you have set up a Garmin Pay wallet, restoring default settings also deletes the wallet from your device.

You can reset all settings back to the factory default values.

1 Hold the touchscreen.

2Select Settings > System > Restore Defaults > Yes.

• Thank you pshare...  exploring a little further I learned the all widgets (heart rate, activity tracking etc) needed to be re-installed.  Once I did that sensor resumed all tracking.  I will keep your reply in mind should this happen again.   Seems like a software update caused a hiccup or two for me.

• I have the same problem. I even did a factory reset. No luck. It seemed to coincide with a firmware update.