This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Music Garmin vivoactive 3. The vibration signal stopped working.

Music Garmin vivoactive 3. The vibration signal stopped working. The vibration motor itself vibrates when turned on. I tried to remove the do not disturb mode in different versions - it does not help. Rebooted, reset to factory settings. I changed the firmware from 6.0 to 5.9. Then I put the last 6.0 again - nothing helps. I tried everything, unchecked the do not disturb checkbox. They don't vibrate. They do not vibrate, even if I choose the vibration strength - weak, medium, strong. They do not vibrate. They do not vibrate when I turn on the sport mode. Doesn't vibrate when notifications arrive. They only vibrate when they are turned off and I turn them on. This is likely a hardware or software error. Advise what to do? 

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hi. I changed nothing happened. No vibration appeared. Maybe you should try to completely change the Garmin folder from golf, etc. 56 files 38 folders 763 kb. Maybe there is no vibration in the folders that you chose and it is better to try to replace the entire harmin folder.

• I don't think so. The rest are folders with .fit files from recording training etc. I sent some more files, but honestly since my experiments showed no change at all, I think we have to give up. 

• Nothing happened. I'm desperate. I am disappointed in Garmin. They do not support their products and are not interested in their customers. Now I will look towards Polar and Coros.

• I thought you guys might come up with a fix. I just got a new "refurb" unit via warranty, and guess what....the vibration for texts does not work....just like my previous unit. It does vibrate for activities and mileage alerts, but not texts, even though "notifications" are on and all that. Of course I've tried the resets and settings and all that mess as well. I mean....I don't necessarily want an Apple Watch but I have had two Garmin watches replaced under warranty since 2018.