This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin watch causing skin issues

My Garmin watch sensor seems to be destroying my skin. I originally wore my Garmin watch on my left wrist. After a year and a half, the sensor started leaving a dry rash before turning into a complete scar. The scar is the size of the Garmin face, although appears to have been caused by the protruding sensor. I switched my watch to the right wrist and the same thing has started to happen here, despite taking additional precautions such as wearing loosely when not running and not wearing for wet activities like swimming. Am wondering what effective ways there are to prevent this?  I like the watch and its features...but am concerned about what it is doing to my skin. Attached are some photos.

• You should contact Garmin support. They will provide steps to take and also, if warranted (like in my case), they will send you a different watch strap with more breathing holes. BTW, your watch doesn't have to still be within the warrantee term to get their help.

Search the forum for similar threads. There have been a lot of people in your situation.

• I am still waiting on a reply from Garmin, although it does not appear to be a strap issue, more something to do with the sensor screen on the back. The skin issue has only happened from the contact with the sensor on the back of the watch. I am wondering if it is something to do with moisture, the backplate material or the sensor itself...

• If you're in NA, calling the 800 number will be better than email for something like this.

• We are sorry to hear about the issue you are reporting. The skin irritation may be a result of build-up on the watch band and/or casing. You should discontinue wearing your watch until your skin has healed. Please review the following FAQ that provides important information regarding the wear and care of your Garmin watch: https://www.garmin.com/watch-fit-and-care/ 

If you feel that this issue warrants further discussion please reach out to Garmin Product Support via Garmin Support Center